Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Spring Renewal: Written 3-17-08

March 20 is the official first day of spring. I am very anxious for it to arrive after battling a bad case of spring fever since early February. The sky seems more clear, the air fresh, the zenith of the sun especially bright. The days are longer. The mornings start later, my personal favorite. Yes it is the season of rejuvenation and renewal. It is true with nature and should be so for mankind as well. Next weekend is also Easter, which (duh) is the end of the season of Lent. I did not make it on my quest this year, giving up just two weeks before Easter on my Diet Dr. Pepper dry spell. Surprisingly, it doesn’t bother me this year. There are so many more things I can do to give of myself, why fuss with self-sacrifice which really only benefits self and what’s the point in that? Self-sacrifice should benefit others. What better time of year to pay it forward than the season of renewal? Ok, ok, perhaps I should lead by example…and I will as soon as I figure out what to do…but for now, I’m trying to psyche myself up for a rejuvenating season of mind, body, and soul. For those of you not excited about the coming change, boo. Close your eyes and think of yourself on Panama City Beach, it’s 1995, your 21. You looked forward to it for WEEKS…it can be like that again. In my head, I sit on that beach everyday during the dreary end of winter. Plus, you get green beer today…and March Madness has begun…the March Trifecta! Now go out and do!

No comments: