Monday, November 5, 2007

Tangent Thoughts O The Week

Tangent #1

Two things that spurred my brain this morning: 1. I cannot believe it has already been two years since I left Wal-Mart for General Growth. 2. I am getting old if time flies that fast. So today with aging on my mind and while Lindsay was cutting my hair, I noticed the increasingly vast amount of gray that kept sliding down my drape. She tells me they are free highlights and Cindy says I look distinguished. WHAT? Distinguished is code for old. Shh, here that? It’s the creeping back of my pre-mid life mini crisis. This cannot be happening already?! And if so, when do I get to buy a G37 Coupe?!

Tangent #2

One of my biggest pet peeves in a hotel room has to be an obnoxiously loud neighbor. You can always look past it knowing the TV eventually goes off or the booming drunk-dial will end. Some things, however, never seem to amaze me. Like the…uh…how should I put this gently…overtly amorous, affectionately physical bonding ritual between two humans…at a Marriott Courtyard of all places. Don’t get me wrong, I say take advantage of the hotel room ambiance, especially if you’ve left the kids at home for the weekend…but save the savage behavior for someplace more intimate and secluded. Remember the walls are thin people; no one else needs to hear it. Today I am thankful for the volume control on my iPod.

No comments: